Friday, October 22

warm cookies : a fall indulgence

Hey guys! TGIF :) :) :)

I have had this huge container of almond butter in my fridge for months...after buying it at Costco on a whim before ever trying it...and deciding almond butter isn't exactly my cup of tea. 

Maybe it'll just take a little getting used to, but I figured I'd start my path to the acceptance of almond butter by blending it with sugar and spices and creating a cookie out of it! I don't make cookies often, but the gray sky and leaves swirling in my backyard today made me want to put on my long socks and make cookies! So I did just that :)

I kind of threw together a ton of ingredients and I ended up with a fluffy, gooey, discs of deliciousness! Here is my new recipe :)

Almond Butter Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies
{say that 10 times fast...}

Ingredients
  2 sticks {1 cup} butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar {regular white kind}
1/2 cup almond butter
2 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
2 cups of flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 bag of white chocolate chips {or toffee chips or chocolate chips}
1/4 cup maple syrup
Toss in some almonds if you like!

Directions
1. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add vanilla and almond butter. Add eggs.
2. In a small bowl, sift flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together. Stir in cinnamon and oats. 
3. Add dry ingredients to creamed ingredients, and mix well. Stir in maple syrup and white chocolate chips. 
4. Refrigerate dough for 2 hours. 
5. Spoon dough onto cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

Eat warm, share with friends, and enjoy with a tall glass of milk!

Do you have any favorite cookie recipes? 

Cheers :)

3 comments:

  1. Did you like the almond butter incorporated into these cookies? They sound yummy though. I might just have to come to your blog during Thanksgiving break and try out all of these different recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love almond butter, I've never thought about using it in cookies. My favorite cookies are snicker doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely a follower of recipes not a creator of them... so, know that I am incredibly impressed with you just whipping up these cookies! I have some almond butter taking up space too. Thanks for giving me an excuse to make cookies!!

    AForeignLand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to comment :) I love you for it!