Sunday, November 21

christmas cards!

Hello, hello!

I hope you all have had an enjoyable weekend :) I'll blog about my weekend adventures later. This blog post is a step-by-step look at how I am hand-making my Christmas cards this year! Keep in mind, I'm a novice :) But since I will be in PA School {and busy as hell} for the next 3 Christmases, I figured the time to be crafty for Christmas is now!

Without further ado, I give you my Peppermint Christmas Cards!

I started with blank white cards & envelopes...

My cute stamp {Michaels's for all supplies seen here!}

Stamped the inside of cards with green ink, then colored in a yellow star at the top of the Christmas tree

Then I wrote a personal note in metallic pens, and stamped puppy paws, too!

Cut lots of red and green ribbon

And glued to the fronts of the cards

Used glitter and glitter glue to create the wrapper effect for the peppermints

Then I drew a peppermint design and filled it in with glue {Martha Stewart Crafts Ballpoint-Tip Glue Pen has been a lifesaver! It allows you to do really intricate things with glue and glitter!} then used liberal amounts of red glitter :)

Lastly, I colored green strips in along the red swirls!
VOILA!

I am also including a picture of our little family on the inside, but we have yet to pick out our photo, so I'll keep you posted when we find the one we will use! Oh, and just for fun, click here to see our holiday photo from last year! It was before we had Gryffin :) So just Tyler, Penny, and me! 

Oh, and we can't just forget about the envelopes! I found a cute snowflake stamp and used metallic silver ink to stamp on the corner of the envelope. 

Then just for some extra sparkle, I stuck on cute green rhinestones on the envelope flaps!

The end.
There's my craftiness for the rest of the year! 

Are any of you doing any cute holiday crafts?

Cheers :)

5 comments:

  1. you have a tone of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness they are adorable! i love them! what a great idea : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed! Cannot WAIT to get mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! I wish I had the time to be crafty...i think it is great you are enjoying it while you can! everyone will be lucky if I get our annual Christmas letter out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! You've just inspired me to take a little time to be crafty this season!

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to comment :) I love you for it!