Monday, November 15

chasing harry winston

Happy Monday to you!


I haven't been in touch since my sick girl escapade to Target, and honestly, that's because there hasn't been much to tell! I have been ridiculously sick this last week, spending my days with my butt glued to our couch. After a few days, I couldn't stand to watch TV anymore, and I remembered these wonderful things called books! In all my preparation for my PA School interview, I haven't been doing any leisure reading, but I had my big interview last Monday, so I am now free to read non-PA books again! Yay! 

I have been putting forth a really good effort into reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. But it just isn't happening. I decided to go with some Chick Lit instead, because that always puts a smile on my face. I bought Lauren Weisberger's 3rd book months and months ago, and I finally decided to dive in. It only took me three days to get through, and it was pretty enjoyable. 

Chasing Harry Winston follows three best friends in Manhattan as they make a pact to make a big change in their lives. Of course they girls are flirty, fun, and impossibly good-looking, but books are for escaping, right?!?! Not on par with the laughter you get from The Devil Wears Prada, but more similar in caliber to Everyone Worth Knowing. Another of what I call a good "frothy" read. 

Other than Weisberger as a Chick Lit writer, I have read some of Emily Giffin's books {Something Borrowed and Something Blue}, and all of Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic books. Although, I did JUST find out about Kinsella's latest book - Mini Shopaholic being out! So excited! Do you have any favorite Chick Lit writers? If so, I probably need to know about them :) I love losing myself in a witty book about the lifestyles of other women.

I'm onto The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner, Stephanie Meyer's spinoff story from Eclipse. Yet another book that I bought many many months ago, and am just getting around to reading :)

Happy Monday and Happy Reading!
Cheers :)

PS Stay tuned for a SUPER CUTE post about my ambitious new craft: Christmas Cards! They are so so so cute and I am really proud of how they are turning out!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely recommend "Italian for Beginners" by Kristin Harmel and "LoveHampton" by Sherri Rifkin. :-)

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to comment :) I love you for it!