Lauren at The Little Things We Do came up with a GREAT theme this week! All about traveling! I would say that is my favorite "activity" if it qualifies as being such :) Play along this week or next week, if you like! Loads of fun!
1. My dream vacation would be a long trip to Europe including extensive travel and relaxation in Greece, Spain, Italy, and Ireland. Those are my next four European countries I'd looooove to hit! Not for a long time, but some day! .
2. The best trip I've ever taken was maybe my honeymoon! What's better than spending a week with the love of your life post wedding-stress?!?! We went to Napa Valley and San Francisco! Wine, food, wine, wine, food...that was kind of our schedule in Napa! Plus, we took a biking tour of the wineries which was so much fun! Good thing we had helmets, I was certainly a little tipsy by the end of the day! They must not administer BUIs there... And San Francisco is my favorite big city yet! It's amazing! Such a conglomeration of different cultures, it was such a blast! I felt at home with my hippy self there :)
Oh and also living in Costa Rica on the beach for 6 weeks saving the sea turtles wasn't so bad ;) .
3. The most important items to take on a road trip are camera, optimistic and flexible travel mates (to counteract my panicky states when plans don't work out as planned), sunglasses .
4. The next trip I'm looking forward to is leaving tomorrow for my first camping trip of the season! YAY! The campsites just opened last week so hopefully we can find a good one! The pups haven't been camping yet and we are going up the Poudre Canyon, it should be wonderful! I'll tell you all about it on Monday! .
5. If I had to pick one CD to listen to for a long road trip it would be definitely Tom Petty's Full Moon Fever and RHCP's Stadium Arcadium :) .
6. The biggest disaster I've ever encountered while traveling was I feel like there have been disasters but I've forced them out of my memory! lol. One was when driving to Illinois with my family there was a massive hail/rain storm that started up so suddenly! We were boxed in the highway surrounded by semi trucks and cars were sliding all over the place! I was seriously FREAKING out!!! .
7. My favorite traveling memory is This is kind of general. I love Colorado's climate, but whenever I step off of an airplane and into a new climate, the humidity (usually wherever I go is more humid than here!) hits me in the face and kind of has a strangely intoxicating effect on me. Like I need a margarita and a hammock asap. Love that feeling :) Drunk with warmth! Take me back, Costa Rica!!! La Pura Vida .
Where is the best vacation you ever took???
Cheers to your weekend!!!!!