Okay, okay, so I realize it's supposed to be Fill in the Blank Friday! I got the idea from my lovely friend Erin at C'est La Vie to participate in this fun weekly blog. But it originally comes from Lauren at The Little Things We Do. I just started following her - her blog is so cute! So, I wanted to participate on Friday (when you're supposed to), but if you read my last post you'll know that I was waiting for my 50th post to be super dooper special, so I couldn't very well make it a fill-in-the-blank post. So, today I am doing it on Sunday! And hopefully I'll get with the Friday program this week :)
Here goes nothin!
1. One song that always takes me back to my youth is I have three, actually. 1) "Free Fallin' " by Tom Petty! I used to think it was "Freak Fallin" and would shout this out the window of my house...hmmm...wonder what the neighbors thought of me! 2) "Slow Ride" by Foghat. Except I thought it was "Snow White". haha "Snow White, Take it Easayyy." My parents always asked me to sing this song to them, now I know it's because they thought it was hilarious! And 3) Anything from Amy Grant's CD Heart In Motion. Sang it at the top of my lungs on a daily basis .
2. My first concert ever was Backstreet Boys on Halloween in 7th grade!!! I was oh so in love with them. I'll never forget it - went with one my all-time best friends Sarah at Starting Now:Reflections on Life.
3. If I could create my dream music festival I'd want these bands to be there: Tom Petty, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Madonna, Rhianna, Britney, Green Day, Weezer, Gaga, Phil Collins...lol so random
4. The best make-out/"boot knocking" song ever is I don't really like over-planned moments, so there's not usually mood music on!
5. The best concert I've ever been to was Red Hot Chili Peppers! Summer of 2006 at the Pepsi Center. Freaking incredible show!!! Although, Tom Petty takes a close second, and the Black Eyed Peas sits pretty in third .
6. A memorable musical moment for me was Watching my cousin's amazing band, Otherside of Clearview play at their CD release show. He was so in his element and they freaking rocked the house! I was so proud of him but also so busy jammin and dancin!
7. The song on my iPod that's getting the most play these days is Red Hot Chili Peppers still wins. On my running mix, some of my faves are "One Step at a Time" by Jordin Sparks and "There's Gotta be More" by Stacie Oricco .