Last night I made the most delicious BLT - so I thought you foodies might want to know about it!
- I started with a fresh loaf of warm French bread, and cut it in pretty thick slices [about an inch?].
- I then cooked some turkey bacon [Jennie-O] using an awesome new method I learned in my Bon Apetit magazine. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Arrange your bacon on a rack that you have set on top of a foil-lined baking sheet Bake for 10-15 minutes or until browned and crisp. I loved this method! You can cook a lot more bacon at once than in a frying pan, and there's next to zero mess!
- While the bacon was cooking, I mixed some mayo with chili powder in a small bowl to make a spicy mayo. I spread it on one of the slices of French bread.
- I then sliced a tomato and a yellow onion, and put slices on the mayo'd side of bread.
- Then washed baby romaine lettuce and layered it on the dry piece of bread.
- Add some sizzlin' turkey, and voila! You have a spicy, warm, delicious BLT with a twist :)
Does anyone else have delicious BLT recipes I should try?!?
Let me know if you try mine and if you like it!
Cheers! [sorry for the crappy photo]