Monday, March 22

a solution? maybe?

Okay, so in my last post, I was less than enthused about my current situation at work. Okay, okay, I was PISSED! haha. I spent the weekend in Fort Collins trying to de-stress, and it didn't really work. I spent the nights struggling to sleep because I kept thinking about the issue. But our weekend was nice. My brother was home from the Marines for a few days, so we got to hang out with him a little bit. And the funniest thing happened Saturday night though! We took Gryffy and Penny over to Keyan/Jason/etc's house for a puppy play date. 8 puppies! Yep, all under 2 yrs old! It was a freaking riot. My dogs, of course, were the shit-starting instigators...embarrassing...but it was still fun. I'll have to try to get the pictures of all of them sitting waiting for a tennis ball to be thrown! It was such a sight! 

Today was great though, because I met with our nurse manager to talk about options for getting hours. I'm going to pick up extra shifts on another floor (med surg...ick...but I gotta work) as well as work some day shifts at work. So it'll be kind of a crazy schedule of shifts mish-mashed together, but hopefully I can rebuild my bank account - which has dwindled to a sad, sad state. I'm going to work as many shifts as I can with the hopes of Hawaii becoming a reality this summer! So I'm in a much better state of mind today :) I actually need to start winding down and go to sleep soon because I work 7am-7pm tomorrow! Days - weird! 

So there's my little update - thanks for your support when I was down, and I hope everyone's Monday was good!!

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. I am glad that you were able to figure something out that at least will attempt to keep you sane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you found a semi-solution and I hope you guys are able to go to Hawaii this summer. I'm a HUGE advocate of vacations to destress from life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for figuring out a semi-solution!! I hope that you guys will be able to have a nice and relaxing vacation in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finding a solution of sorts...I wondered why your car was at your parents' place this weekend. lol...and now I sound like a creepy stalker. Anyway, I still think you should keep an Etsy shop in mind for your artwork, because you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to comment :) I love you for it!