Monday, March 1

random can be good, right?

Heylooooo. So today I have been completely lazy and it has been so great! Just doing laundry and getting stuff done around the house during commercials of crap tv shows. haha. Ideal ;) My puppies were terrorizing each other and the house until about 2:30pm when they finally decided to take a nap. Damn, it's been about 2 hours and I'm sure they will be awake and fully refreshed and RECHARGED any minute now. I think I forgot to post my latest painting...so here it is :)

 

And how was everyone's weekend? Mine was actually really eventful! Friday afternoon one of my friends Becky came up to hang out. This was QUITE a treat because she has been one of my best friends since junior high, was in my wedding last April, and then we haven't truly hung out since my wedding. Booooo. 
 
So it was REALLY great to catch up! Then we went to dinner at the Samba Room with Ashley and Joedy and made a girls' night out of it! I totally recommend Samba Room! It's a Cuban restaurant downtown with fantastic mojitos!!! 
  
Becky, me, Ashley, Joedy :)
Love it. We then hit a few bars - Atomic Cowboy and Rock Bar. SO much fun! I happened to meet up with a girl I lived next to in the dorms and haven't seen in ages! 
  
Hi Megan!!!
Tyler came and picked us up at last call (love him!) along with the babies! Someone threw up in the car on the way home...and no it wasn't me...it seems little Gryffin may have some carsickness issues because this is the third time he has gotten sick in the car. Poor guy. 

Saturday I slept til 1:30pm...wow...haven't done that in forever!!! Very nice! Then just relaxed with Tyler until dinner at Mimi's Cafe (YUM) with Tyler's aunt and uncle. They are so sweet and we love going to dinner with them! Tyler's uncle wants to wrestle alligators and I offered him practice on Penny. If you can catch her and pin her in our backyard, then I'm sure you can take on a little ole' gator ;) 

Sunday Tyler and I went to church with Manuel&Andrew. Lots of fun! We haven't gone to any churches down here yet (pathetic, I know...). It honestly has been on my list of things to do ever since we have moved! My excuse is that working every other Saturday night does not make me energetic to go to a new church on Sunday morning! Just laziness, I suppose. But it was a great contemporary service with a band at a church that preaches about acceptance and love - just my style :)

After church we went to brunch at Sam's #3 downtown. It is the third in the chain to open (hence the name) and it was delicious! Mandrew claims it's their new brunch diner they loved it so much. After brunch we were driving home through Cherry Creek where I saw The Container Store. I remarked, "Oooh, I've always wanted to go in there," to which Manuel replied, "Good girl! There's the green light I was lookin' for!" And he promptly turned into the parking lot. Haha. The truth is, I had been avoiding the store because I have a natural affinity for organization, and I thought the store might bring out some inner crazy Martha and I would go on a storage container shopping frenzy. Luckily Tyler was there. We only made one purchase - a lovely magazine/newspaper bin for our coffee table. But I was this close to buying a dog food bin. I would have if it were on sale, but I couldn't justify spending $45 on a dog food bin. Even though it had two openings. And a built in clip to hang the dog food scoop on. And lovely little doggie decals on the sides of the bin...oh crap, I'm probably going back to purchase it soon, aren't I? 

After our impulsive swerve into the Container Store, we really were headed home. Until we saw a sign for an estate sale. We all decided we'd really like to go to one because we'd never been to one and it sounded like fun! Plus we could look for unique little treasure. Unfortunately, it was like when people don't take down the signs for the garage sale that happened a day ago. Which - PS - is a huge pet peeve of mine! If you are going to put up garage sale signs - then go take them down after it's over! I could sue you for false advertising. Maybe. Somehow. Plus it'll just become litter to our poor Mother Earth. Clearly, there was no estate sale :( Boo.  

So we were really on our way home this time. Until we saw Costco and I said, "I've been meaning to go there for  forever to get a membership!" Mandrew decide they'd like some samples, so we pull into the Costco parking lot. We tour the facility and all it had to offer and I went to get my membership while the boys got nourishment in the form of ice cream and hot dogs. I'm really stoked to have a membership there! But I'm also really nervous at how much I'm going to spend...good thing the lady at the membership counter conned kindly talked me into upgrading my membership (for only $50!) to the one where I get 2% of my purchases back at the end of the year. So it all makes the spending okay, you see?!?! I already have a list of completely necessary things I need to return for. 

Listen to me - I sound like a shopaholic! Which makes sense considering I am reading the Shopaholic series! I read Confessions of a Shopaholic last year, and have wanted to read the rest of the series ever since then! It is a frothy and hilarious series of books with a main character whose neurotic behaviors crack me up! Thank goodness I don't compulsively lie like the protagonist does...but maybe I do compulsively buy if I don't watch myself! The most dangerous thing Tyler ever said to me was, "Well, you make all the money, you can buy whatever you want!" My jaw dropped and I told him to never say such things again unless he wanted to seriously see what I was capable of! haha. 

So yes, I finally finished The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet. All 976 pages. Sheesh. 500 pages through, I just wanted to be done with it! Don't get me wrong, it was a good book. It was set in England during the 1100s (a time period in which I LOVE), and the character development was incredible. That was the bulk of the book. I got really really into the plight of the good guys and hoping for the bad guys to all get what was coming to them. If you have some time, I recommend it. If you don't like rapes depicted down the last detail, then don't read it. Because that happens for too often than I ever cared to read. Ever. In my lifetime. And it was all packaged in one book. 

After the severity of that book, I decided I needed something fun and bubbly, so Tyler and I went to Barnes & Noble and I purchased the rest of the Shopaholic series. I also purchased Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger (auther of the Devil Wears Prada) and the third book to the Wicked series. Yes, I bought 6 books in one trip, but I had a gift card from my birthday! And if you're going to splurge on something, I figure books are okay. 

This post has been kind of rambling about, and I hope I haven't come across as frenetic or anything! Things just kept coming to me!

SO looking forward to the bachelor finale tonight! Eeek! I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that Vienna will be the winner, but I love Tenley. I actually would like to be her best friend. She seems so positive, despite all that's happened to her! Some quotes the girls she lived with in the Bachelor house have said about her, 
"The girl shits rainbows" - Gia
"She probably dreams in cartoons...I'm just sayin'!" - Vienna
"She fell out of a Disney movie" - Jessie
Love it! Go Tenley! If she doesn't win - I wish her someone with a love for life and a heart of gold just like she has!
Cheers!!!

8 comments:

  1. You crack me up too :) I keep getting the urge to start blogging, but I think most of my posts would be completely random and nonsensical.

    Books are TOTALLY okay to splurge on. I have the first two books of the Wicked series, I think...they're like two books with two books each. Definitely on my to-do list.

    Your reasons for not going to the Container Store are the same as mine. I've been DYING to go in there but I won't until I've got a good hundred bucks or so that I can spend. I've been on an organizing rampage the past couple months and a trip to that store would just fuel the frenzy.

    One more thing, let me know how you like your Costco membership. I keep debating a membership there but don't know anyone who has one to give me a review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love Chasing Harry Winston! It's a shallow but FUN read.
    And Costco, yeah we shop there a lot too but we buy mainly paper products so we end up saving money in the long run. We usually only have to buy toilet paper twice a year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fabulous weekend. I need to do many of the things that you did yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend it looks like you had! Love catching up on all my stuff on my to do list! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your post. The Container store sounds like a fun place. And buying that many books at Barnes and Noble is a good thing. Like my mom says, "You can't have too many books."

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOOOOVE shopaholic. i read it when it first came out, so it was always torture to wait until the next one (especially when you get further into them!) you should read world without end too. there's not so much rape...or any. i can't remember. but not was much as pillars of the earth, which had be seeing red so very often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute pics, and once again, I am impressed with your art!

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to comment :) I love you for it!