Thursday, March 11

fresh determination

I posted a while ago that I had started slacking on working out...and sadly, I have to admit that the slacking has continued. I've started counting walking the dogs as a work out - which it is not! Yes, it's better than nothing, and I'm sure it'd be fine for trying to maintain your weight, but it doesn't count if you're trying to lose weight! I'm so frustrated with myself! So I am facing my laziness and telling it to "shoo" because I don't have time to be lazy anymore! It's getting warmer which means I have to expose parts of my body that I prefer to keep hidden and covered up. I believe that the human body is a beautiful thing and I want to be proud of my arms instead of trying to hide my triceps. I want to feel confident and carefree at the pool instead of trying to keep bulges hidden beneath a towel or a beach coverup. So there it is. I have confronted the issue and am moving forward with a new determination. The end goal being: to be proud of myself and feel confident. Because confidence radiates beauty. I can do this. I am going to pick up blogging more frequently because it keeps me motivated knowing I have to report back to you all what my activity level has been like. I am going to start being more diligent about my food journal. And I am going to aim to sweat 5 days a week (lately it's been more like 2...but that's in the past now!). There you have it. Those are my means to get to that goal of warm-weather confidence. I promise to reward my hardwork weekly with a prize like a cute tank top or music from iTunes. And I promise to keep you posted...thanks for hanging with me, everyone!

Cheers!!!

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. My workouts have slowly been decreasing and I am MAD at myself. Now that I can't cover up my body as much I really need to start working out more. Good luck with motiviation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous goal lady. You have it in you I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After work I tried on a dress and granted the F21 aren't the most flattering, but my legs looked gross! :( So on my way home from work I'm thinking about how much I need to stop being lazy, that summer is coming, my wedding is coming and I have run out of time to procrastinate - I love that I chose to read your blog first - even though it was fate that I did :) because now I have all the motivation I need!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you! Can't wait to read about how successful you are going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way! Need to get to the gym!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the support ladies!!! You rock :)

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to comment :) I love you for it!