Monday, February 1

disney, how i love thee

This girl LOVES Disney movies! I am embarrassed to admit that I have yet to see the Princess and the Frog, but I'll grab it up on Red Box as soon as it comes out, I swear! Tyler and other people have been asking me about what I want for my birthday, seeing as how it's in 2 weeks! Don't get me wrong, I love presents, but for some reason I don't really like to make a big fuss out of my birthday. I like holidays where everyone gets presents because I love to BUY presents and see people's reactions when they open them! I was kind of just making a list of stuff I want just for the sake of having some gift ideas for people...and here are some ideas on my list:
  • Nerdiest idea ever - swim cap and goggles. haha. But sometimes I would go swimming of only I didn't have to get nasty chlorine in my hair!
  • New Nikes -  I designed some online. They're ridiculous...ridiculously AWESOME! The Nike website is down (geez, it's like it's 3ish in the morning and they're doing website formatting or something...) or I would show you a pic. Lotsa colorsssss!
  • Michael's Gift Card - this one I actually want. Then I can buy oils and whatever else I need to support my hobby without feeling like I am breaking the bank!
Then, I had an urge the other day to watch a Disney movie, and I realized that I own 0ZERO0 Disney movies! Saaaad day! So, I have decided it is imperative to get this tragic situation under control and start collecting them! Here are some of my FAVORITES (found a fantastic list of ALL Disney movies ever made!) in order of release:

1. Dumbo
2. Peter Pan
3. Lady and the Tramp***
4. Sleeping Beauty
5. The Sword in the Stone***
Ha, the squirrels are my favorite part!
6. The Jungle Book
7. Robin Hood***
8. The Fox and the Hound***
9. The Great Mouse Detective***
10. Oliver & Company
This movie is HiLaRiOuS!
11. The Little Mermaid
12. Aladdin***
13. The Lion King***
14. Pocahontas
15. Toy Story (I know it's not classic Disney animation, but I love it!!!)
My favorite Disney love story :)

16. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
17. 101 Dalmations
18. Mulan***
19. Tarzan
20. The Emperor's New Groove***
My favorite princess, by far! What a badass.
21. Lilo & Stitch 
22. Finding Nemo
23. Ratatouille
24. Up
Wow...that's a lot of favorites! 

Let's also not forget some of the incredible Disney flicks that aren't animated! Also in order of release, man, some of the old ones are AWESOME!

1. Swiss Family Robinson
2. Mary Poppins
3. The Love Bug
4. Bedknobs and Broomsticks
5. Homeward Bound
6. The Santa Clause
7. Tom & Huck (during my extreme infatuation with the one and only JTT)
8. Mighty Joe Young
9. The Princess Diaries
10. Tuck Everlasting
11. Holes
12. Pirates of the Caribbean x 3
What are your favorites??? Also, anyone down for a Disney-thon??? Slash dress-up party? 

Also, it looks like we may be getting a puppy earlier than April! Tyler is stuck on the idea and wants one right now!!! Daunting yet exciting!!! Here is one that we are REALLY interested in, but she could be adopted already, we're trying to find out...
 For some reason, it came out all pixely, but this is Poky! The St. Bernard mix!!!
Ummm...just a little cute!  
Off to the gym...I have to go get measured with my trainer tomorrow! Scary...but hey, I told you I'd  do it before my birthday! And I'll be a full 2 weeks early :)

Hope you have a great Monday and a fantastic week! Any ambitions of the week you'd like to share? 

5 comments:

  1. Hope you had a fun time at the gym!!! I love those movies!! Wonderful picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, why do you not have Beauty and the Beast on this list?! That one is my ultimate favorite Disney movie. :-) And you know, for some reason I have never liked Pinocchio. I'm going to see "The Princess and the Frog" tonight with Mom, so I'll let you know how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, liked your list of Disney movies. If you are in need of wanting "Nemo" I own it and would be happy to let you have it. It is I am afraid to say not one of my favorite movies and would be happy to know that it went to someone who would watch it.
    I am wanting to see "The Princess and the Frog" too, so if you see it before I do let me know how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on Disney!!!!! I freaking love it! Disneyworld makes me feel like such a little girl when we go there. I would have every vacation there if I could. Love love love it! And SERIOUSLY loved Princess and the Frog, I took my niece Devyn when it first came out and it is a throw back to the classics. I was very happy with it.
    And where do you guys "shop" for your puppies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new possible puppy! Super cute. Adam would love to have another but it's not something I want to add to my list right now!
    And I am totally with you on Disney movies. Seeing your list brought back so many memories, especially sword and the stone and great mouse detective, i had totally forgotten about those! Wonderful picks!

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to comment :) I love you for it!