- Down 9 lbs since the last time we measured (12 lbs overall)
- Lost fat/inches in biceps, triceps, back, chest (Mr. Trainer doesn't like when I lose an inch in the chest because he says I do too much cardio and will get saggy...but I like it, so there. I mean, I do my obligatory chest presses and stuff, too dontcha know).
- Lost fat in abdomen (measured with the mean ole pinchers) but no inches...hmmmm. No bueno. Because according to Mr. Trainer, this is the main place that indicates the tightening of the body.
- No lost inches in booty. Damn.
- BMI and body fat % are down
- Lost two pounds of muscle apparently...oops. Don't know how considering I think I do a pretty good job at lifting/cardio. I definitely eat - no starvation going on here - and I try to drink protein shakes...when I think about it...
One thing that I think is really affecting my health is my sleep pattern - or lack there of. This last week, I never really got back into sleeping at nights. I was always up by like 3 or 4am...which is evidenced by my early bird facebook activity. Ugh. I start my work week tonight, then next week I am going to try SUPER hard to get on a regular night sleep schedule.
I finished Life of Pi by Yann Martel this week. I started it in November, and had a really difficult time getting into it. The first 60 pages or so are background and didn't really keep my attention. But then it gets to the part where a 16-year-old boy gets stranded in the Pacific Ocean on a life boat with a hyena, an orangutan, a zebra, and a tiger. Yep. Things got interesting, all right! Once I got there, I finished it in 2 days! Haha.
I am now reading Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth. And I'd love to get some book suggestions for when I'm finished. Any suggestions? I read pretty much all genres! On my list are The Faith Club, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Son of a Witch, and The Help.
I hope everyone has had a great week! Anyone have awesome weekend plans? Pray for tons of deliveries for me so that I can stay and work on my floor and not get canceled or floated too much! FYI - I got floated to the ICU last weekend...really great learning experience, but also really scary. Tubes EVERYWHERE. Not quite the same happy-go-lucky joyful general attitude in the ICU that you find on the postpartum unit!
Oh, and I finally got my first Artist's Magazine and Cosmo en Espanol! That I ordered in November! So I've got a lot to read, and I'm looking forward to it!