Monday, March 28

new experiences: st patrick's day!

Happy Monday to you!

Today I want to share with you pictures from St Patrick's day events! I know it was a few weeks ago. But attending the Denver St. Patrick's Day Parade is The List, so I figured I ought to talk about the fact that I attended it! Did you know that Denver's St Patrick's Day Parade is one of the country's biggest parades? No joke! We watched it for 2 1/2 hours before we realized the parade was nearly HALF over! haha. By then our tummies were rumbling and we went off to find some delicious Irish fare to eat {and booze to drink!} Here are some pictures of the fun that was had on Parade Day!

Showin' off our shamrock love!


 There were soooooo many floats! With music, bands, dancing...


This one was so neat. These little kids were reenacting that famous statue! My favorite.

 Lots of dogs came, too! Are you surprised I didn't bring mine??? I am, too :)

 Never thought I'd see more than one DeLorean at a time! Let alone a parade of them!

Enjoying our first patio lunch of Spring!

So the parade was on March 12th, and on St Patrick's day I celebrated, too! My good friend Lauren and I went all out and ran around the city of Denver like some crazy little Irish Leprechauns! What a good time! Here are some photos from that day!

We went for the "Sporty Leprechaun" look! How did we do?

 Good thing I had green makeup and glitter leftover from my Halloween costume! {witch}

Haha my friends are crazy. Love them!

On the 16th Street Mall Ride on our way to dinner!

 My favorite picture of the day, I think!

At dinner at Earl's with Mandrew! Yum! And wayyyy wayyyy beyond tipsy at this point...

Too much fun! 
Not so much fun the next morning, that's for sure!!!
You know, I never thought I'd say this --- but I really do LOVE living in {near} Denver! I am from Fort Collins, a smallish town, and I adore it there! I never thought I'd love living in a big city! But I do! There is so much fun to be had, and so much to do! For this point in my life, it's working out perfectly! 

Did you celebrate St Patrick's day with a green beer, Guiness, or a carbomb? All of the above?
:)
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a perfect day! I am so mad I missed our Dallas St. Paddy's parade!

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to comment :) I love you for it!