Tuesday, January 5

making my ambitions a reality!

This is my first post of 2010, yay!!! So, I worked on New Year's Eve, then spend New Year's Day mostly sleeping. I actually got up and went to the gym though around 3pm! Go me! I then went to work on the 1st...only to be low-volumed after 4 hours. EFFFFFFFFFF. I'm so sick of this. I am going to need some sort of second job...ugh. 

On January 2nd I reached my goal of dropping 10lbs! Although the goal was for Jan 1st, I'm not disappointed at all :) My next goal is 15lbs by my first wedding anniversary - April 26th. It is almost 4 months from now, and I think it is enough time to lose the weight for good and not temporarily. 

My next important fitness goal is to schedule a meeting with my trainer by my birthday - February 16 - to get weighed and get my fat measured. The fat measurement is so important in order to accurately assess my fitness. I know I have gained muscle during all these workouts, so just looking at the number on the scale doesn't accurately measure my success. 

On another positive goal-making note, I finished my first painting! I decided to paint something for my sister, because she is one of the loves of my life and I wouldn't feel stupid making something for her because I know she'd really appreciate something. I am going to hand deliver her painting on Jan 15th when we go up to Fort Collins. Here's the painting:

Let me know what you think!

It's modern and pink - something I thought my sister would love to hang in her room! Her room is teal so I think it will look really pretty against her wall. I am happy with this start, and I can't wait to start something else! I have all sorts of ideas goin on in my head!!!

So, I mentioned we will be going to Fort Collins on the 15th...to finally get my hair done! I am leaning towards thinking about attempting to grow my hair out (we'll see how long this lasts!), but I'd like to play with some layers and maybe even - color!?!? I've always been blonde - except for this semi-permanent red head phase freshman year in college! Haha. I'm thinking maybe a honey brown with highlights? I don't know...I'm scared! Help!
 

I have seen 2 movies this week - which is incredible, because I never go to the theater! Tyler and I saw Avatar on Saturday...sooooo good! I highly recommend it! James Cameron delivered greatness once again! On the other hand...I also saw Nine. With such a stellar line up, I thought the movie would be awesome. The talent was there, all the actors did really well, but I was overall not impressed with the movie at all. Bummer. The movie lacked a good plot and it seemed like people were singing just for the sake of singing. Real bummer, because I really wanted to love it!



Lastly, I am so excited for the new season of Biggest Loser to start tonight! I've recruited some friends to watch it with, so that will be really fun! I've got to get running some errands and running at the gym, so have a great day everyone!

Cheers!  
 

5 comments:

  1. I love the painting and I am sure Lindsey will, too. Well done, and congratulations on your first painting! :-) The colors are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Erin! I am really proud of the colors because I mixed them myself!!! I actually had zero pink or purple paints :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the painting!! Congrats at meeting your weight loss goal! I think that the honey brown with highlights sounds good can't wait to see some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on meeting your goal. That is great even if it is a couple of days late. The painting is very nice.
    I love the biggest looser. I have gotten Erik into it. We were bummed that they split up the twins.
    Aston

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to comment :) I love you for it!