Saturday, May 19

i love a good film

I freaking love movies, but I wouldn't say I am a "movie buff" per se. I tend to like a lot of movies that people and critics hate, including cheesy romantic comedies that get like 1 star. Nonetheless, I love 'em. And during school this semester, I'm pretty sure I only saw 1 movie --- I absolutely couldn't hold off on seeing Hunger Games, could I? No. Definitely not. A girl has her standards, you know. 

Anyway, in the last 9 days since I have been off of school, I have been doing a nice job at catching up on Hollywood. Here is what I have watched and what I thought of them:

Haywire --- this movie was pretty bad. With a cast that includes Channing Tatum, Michael Douglas, Antonio Banderas, Michael Fassbender, and Ewan McGregor...I thought it had promise. But it was a confusing spy movie that had a stupid motive. No doubt, the female protagonist had her kick ass moment, and fist fights men...but girl power doesn't save this flop.
 
PS... when you're a professional assassin...when do you have the time to get your hair cornrowed? Dumb. 

Underworld #??? --- I'm not sure what # in the Underworld series this is. #7? #4? I think I've only seen the first one, and turns out a lot of shit went down between the vampires and lycans (as usual) and between Kate Beckinsale and the vampire elders. I always like these types of movies, and this one was pretty good. Gory, but good. And I dig Kate Beckinsale's vampire portrayal.

50/50 --- Joseph Gordon Levitt stars in this film, and his story starts with the diagnosis of a rare form of spinal cancer. His hilarious best friend Seth Rogan helps get him through, as does his currently-in-grad school psychiatrist Anna Kendrick (LOVE HER). Anjelica Houston plays JGL's mom, and Bryce Dallas Howard (The Help) is JGL's cheating girlfriend. At once hilarious and heart-wrenching, I ADORED every minute of this movie. TOTALLY RECOMMEND!!!

The Vow --- I have been wanting to see this one since it came out in February! I'm sure most of you know the story, but in case you don't... Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams play Leo and Paige, a newlywed couple in their mid twenties. They are madly in love and their world is shattered when they get into a terrible car accident and Paige doesn't remember who her husband is. The real kicker is that this is based on a true story! Such a sad thing to happen! The movie follows them as Leo does everything he can to uphold his vow to love and cherish his wife, even if she doesn't have any recollection of their love story. I shed lots of tears with this one, and LOVED it. Rachel McAdams is on a golden streak!

What To Expect When You're Expecting --- I almost peed the first time I saw a preview for this movie, and I have been waiting excitedly for it to come out for weeks! This one was not a let down --- I laughed throughout the entire thing! Except for the couple of minutes when I cried. Cast includes Cameron Diaz, J Lo, Elizabeth Banks, Chace Crawford, Brooklyn Decker, Anna Kendrick, Matthew Morrison, Dennis Quaid, Chris Rock, crazy blonde roommate from Bridesmaids, and crazy blonde cop from Reno 911. The cast was so much fun, but the true star was Elizabeth Banks! She is rising super fast on my list of favorite actresses! I'm also pretty sure when I'm pregnant, it's going to be a lot like her character (to which Tyler said, "oh shit.")haha. The husband came with me to see this one and was laughing the whole time, too! TOTALLY RECOMMEND!!!

The Avengers --- apparently I am WAY behind the superhero curve, because I have not seen ANY of the movies that lead up to this movie! Because of this movie I now need to watch Captain America, The Hulk, Thor, Iron Man (how many are there?), and whatever movies involve Hawkeye and Black Widow - because I have no idea where they came from! haha. That's a lot of movies. Anyway, we saw it in 3D and it was awesome! Great fight scenes, incredible cast. Robert Downey Jr took the cake for me as Iron Man. It was lots of fun!!!

So there you have it. I've been balancing my organization freak out and hours at the gym with lots of movie catching up!

What good movies have you seen lately??? Any good recommendations for me???

CHEERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to comment :) I love you for it!