Tuesday, June 19

summertime pizzas --- peach and prosciutto

Hey there!!! Welcome to my blog :)

So these last few weeks our evenings have been filled with delicious and creative make-at-home pizzas. My husband and I are on such a fruit pizza kick right now! Definitely a healthier alternative than a store-bought or ordered pizza! I thought I should share some of our most successful recipes with you! I'll start with a DELICIOUS pizza we made last week ---

Grilled Peach and Prosciutto Pizza:


This pizza was inspired by a recipe I found in my Martha Stewart magazine. But as always, we made some adjustments to make it our own :)

Ingredients:
  • Betty Crocker Pizza Crust mix --- they are about $1 at Safeway and are super easy to make!
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil (plain or flavored)
  • 2 ripe peaches, cut into wedges
  • Pam cooking spray
  • 2 cups of shredded (or 1 pound of fresh) of 2% mozzarella cheese
  • 1 package of prosciutto  (about 12 thin slices), cut in half
  • 1/3 cup of fresh basil
Directions:
  • Heat oven to 450 degrees, then make the crust as instructed on the packaging.
  • After the crust is prepared and rolled out, brush it with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, and sprinkle mozzarella cheese generously over the whole crust. 
  • Pop the crust in the oven (on a pizza stone or cookie sheet) for 12 minutes. 
  • While the crust is cooking, heat up a frying pan, spray the pan with cooking spray, and grill the peach wedges, flipping, for about 3 minutes per side. 
  • After the crust has cooked for 12 minutes, remove the pizza from the oven and top with prosciutto slices, peach slices, and the remaining mozzarella cheese. 
  • Return the pizza to the oven and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. 
  • When the pizza is done, add the chopped fresh basil on top, cut the pizza, and ENJOY!!!

 Let me know if you like this recipe and want me to share more summer pizza recipes with you!
Thanks for stopping by :) As always, I love meeting new people and having new readers!

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to comment :) I love you for it!