Tuesday, June 19

mountain time = refreshing time

I hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day Weekend! Whether you are a father, have a father, have a son who is a father...we all know a father we'd like to give kudos to once a year :)

I was lucky enough to spend a day with my dad last weekend, hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park. I love the mountains --- I am for sure a Colorado girl at heart. There is this beautiful serenity that comes from just being in the mountains. From taking a deep, focused breath in and feeling the sunshine soaking into your skin. A calm takes over me when I am hiking a trail that has a gorgeous green view and the songs of birds playing in my ears. And I love getting a good sweaty workout in --- which is exactly what we accomplished on our uphill hike! [We did most of Bear Lake and Fern Lake]

Here are a few pictures of our beautiful hiking day :)

With my beautiful Mom --- love the backdrop!

Colorado at it's finest!!!

found my happy face sweat band from Peers, 2004 :) decided to rock it for our hike!

into the beautiful green we go :)

the hiking crew

and then it rained for a minute! What better time for a family photo?!?!

 and then it stopped raining and there was sunshine


with my love.

 it felt like we were in a rainforest! so gorgeous.


my adorable parents

el padre

kisses.

I was SO happy to get my first hike of the summer in, and to spend a day with my family in the beautiful mountains! What a blessing!!!

What are your favorite Northern Colorado hikes? I am looking to try some new ones!
CHEERS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a fun day! Your pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to comment :) I love you for it!