Friday, January 4

welcome to twenty thirteen

Hey all! I know it has been a month since I have posted! I am surprised at myself, because I finished finals for my 4th semester of PA school on December 14th, so I figured I would be on here before this! I had an intense and amazing fall semester, and I can't believe I only have 1 semester of classes left before I hit my clinical year! SO EXCITING!!!

First things first --- just want to inform you all that I did meet my goal of 12 books read in 2012. Kind of had to cram books in on break time (summer, Thanksgiving), since after studying 8 hours a day every day, the last thing my eyeballs usually feel like doing is reading a book, even if it is for leisure! My last book of 2012 is something special to me, it is a little book called 

God's Minute: 365 Daily Affirmations for Positive Prayer
 

Each night before bed, my husband and I would read the quote and the accompanying Bible Verse. It took no more than 30 seconds, and it was always a great note to end the day on. Reminded, right before bed, that God is looking out for me, holding my hand through trying times, and supporting me to be the best version of myself I can possibly be. It was a great habit to get into, and I'm glad we saw the entire book through! 

I recommend this little gem for sure!

I am currently reading Francesca's Kitchen --- and I hope to be able to finish that + at least one more book before I get back to school! I would like to say my goal is to read 13 books in 2013, but I think I'll stick to my one book/month goal --- let's not get too lofty, here :)

Any recent book recommendations? I think next on my list is Fifty Shades Darker and Heaven is For Real {I realize I sound like an insane person, listing those two vastly different books int he same sentence}. Whatever, I like variety :)

Cheers to a good read!
Cheers to 2012 --- the experiences it brought and the lessions I learned!
Cheers to 2013 --- may I become an improved version of myself!   

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It sounds like things are busy, but everything is progressing nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to Heaven is for Real on an ebook and it was good! I was expecting to hear more from the boy himself, as it is written by his dad, as told to him from his son. But it is inspiring, regardless.

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to comment :) I love you for it!