Monday, January 7

francesca's kitchen



Howdy! I hope you are all enjoying the new year! I have really cleaned up my eating habits, and I feel wonderful! The sunshine is shining bright in the sky here in Colorado, giving me lots of opportunities to get outside and be active with my puppy dogs without freezing my butt off!

I finished my first book of 2013 --- and of course I had to share my read with you :)

Francesca's Kitchen by Peter Pezzelli


This lovely story follows Francesca Campanile, an elderly Italian woman with a great love for good food and big families. With her husband having passed away years ago, and her children grown and now living all across the United States, she has a persistent loneliness and lack of purpose. She decides to answer a local advertisement for a nanny position. Loretta is a single mother to Penny and Will, the loves of her life. But she can't seem to catch a break. She feels like she is drowning and can't find the piece of her life puzzle that brings calm and happiness. Francesca's presence in her home brings a new love for cooking and re-instills the value of "togetherness" in the little family. Francesca needs the family, and the family needs her.

This book is happy and warm, a little gem. Not necessarily the best book I have ever read, but it is encouraging to read stories where hope leads to happiness in a world where much sadness is experienced. 

I started Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo last night, and of course I'll report back to you with what I think of it when I'm finished :)

Happy reading!
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a good read. I usually like stories like this, so I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

How sweet of you to comment :) I love you for it!